Monday, April 30, 2012

Hampton, VA

This morning I called all over trying to find a place to get a haircut.  Every salon must be closed on Monday.  I left messages at the ones with voicemail and one called me back and I have an appointment  tomorrow at 3:00.  That makes me very happy.  I made Sue promise not to take my picture until after I get a haircut because I look like Hattie the Witch.

Sue and I walked to Walgreen's because our good camera has a San disk that is old technology and won't work with our computers.  The software to download from the camera isn't available for our newer computers either.  So, at the do it yourself photo machine, I was able to put them on a CD and I will share a couple with you today.  Here they are.

 Elizabeth City from April 26th.


 Abandoned boat we saw along the way.



Pusquotank River from April 27th


 This is the sign to the South Mills Lock.  Not very noticeable, is it?


Norm and Sue on "Runaround Sue" in the Dismal Swamp Canal.


Trina and Paul, whom we met at Whittaker Pointe Marina arrived here today and we all had Happy Hour together.  We also met Bob Collins who lives on his boat and also joined us for Happy Hour.  It is so much fun to hear everyone's stories.   These are the pictures taken today in Hampton.

 Virginia Air and Space Center


 Indoor old hand carved carousel.  Really cool, but it wasn't open.



 Sign outside of the Air and Space Center


Another sign outside the Air and Space Center

No comments: