Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Wednesday, April11,2012

The ferry

Being chased by seagulls
We pulled up anchor at 8:00 this morning and continued heading north on the ICW. The weather was a cool 60 degrees and sunny. It only got to 62 degrees today. I had on jeans, a T shirt, sweater, and a jacket and was still cold all day. For several miles we were followed by tons of seagulls. I don't know what they thought we had to eat on board, but they reminded me of the movie "The Birds" by Alfred Hitchkock. We also must have seen at least 200 dolphins playing in the water. When we get back to the Ohio River, the dolphins are the things I will miss the most. The other picture is of a rather small ferry. You could throw a rock across as far as the ferry travels. We ended up anchored out at Butler Creek which is just beyond Georgtown, SC.

This is the scenery at our anchorage at Butler Creek. We thought it was gorgeous and wanted to share it with you all.

2 comments:

Donna and Alan Huber said...

The Butler Creek picture is not showing up on my iPad? Also, I will be in DC first week in May? Any chance you will be that far?

Donna and Alan Huber said...

The Butler Creek picture is not showing up on my iPad? Also, I will be in DC first week in May? Any chance you will be that far?