Thursday, September 15, 2011

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Al spoke to the fabricators today and they told him the tank would be finished tonight. He is picking it up tomorrow morning and painting it. He will install a rubber pad that goes under the tank on Sunday. Then, on Monday, the long awaited fuel tank will arrive at our boat and be installed. We are fairly confident that this will happen on this timetable.

Happy Hour was interesting tonight. The new owner of the boat docked next to us arrived late last night and joined us tonight for Happy Hour and then a gentleman who is vacationing at the resort next door walked over to the ship store only to find it closed. He joined us as well. It was fun hearing people's stories. I believe they will both be back tomorrow night. The wife of the owner of the boat next to us may be making an appearance in the near future too. Right now, she is at home in Georgia.

John and I had lunch at Sonny's Barbecue today. That is the restaurant where I thought I lost my sunglasses. I had asked them twice before if they had found them, but they had not. So, today, I asked again. Two different waitresses said they thought they remembered seeing them. They looked in all of the places employees might have stashed them, but to no avail. During those few minutes while they went to look for them, my hopes were way up, then CRASH! Darn it. I guess I'm going to have to buy another pair.

No comments: