Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Norm and John had another pow-wow early this morning and again decided to stay put.  It rained almost all day and the wind was predicted to be coming from the south.  The anchorage we had picked out is good in wind  from all directions, except from the south.  Tomorrow is supposed to be rough out on the Chesapeake, so our current plan is to leave Hampton on Friday morning.  Time will tell. 

We had lunch at the Crowne Plaza Hotel right next to the marina.  It was something to do on this gray, dismal day.  We had Happy Hour on the back of Norm and Sue's boat tonight.  We are thinking about taking a cab tomorrow and going to Fort Monroe.  I'm not sure John will go with us because his hamstring is still bothering him.  My back has been bothering me a bit as well, but I think that the walking is good for it.  I hope that's right.  The day we left and came back, I missed a step on the front of the boat while getting lines and fenders in place.  I am taking ibuprofen in hopes that it doesn't turn into the painful sciatica of old.  I am such a klutz. 

This all means two more days to spend with Norm and Sue.  It will be sad when we aren't cruising with them anymore.

No comments: