Thursday, May 17, 2012

2nd post for Thurs., May 17th




Quaint buildings in Chesapeake City





Once the shops opened up at 11:00 A.M., I walked the  town again and went into every available shop.  I met a lot of really nice shop owners.  What a nice quaint town!  There were many nice things to purchase, but there is only so much room on a boat.  Therefore, if I brought something new to the boat, I'd have to get rid of something of equal size.  Hmm..... I wonder what that could be. Oh, well.  The biggest temptation was a scented candle, but no open flames are allowed on our boat.  So, I bought a lid for John's large Tervis tumbler and some fudge.  Woo hoo!

At dinner time, we walked to the Chesapeake Inn for dinner.  We can see the outside restaurant from our boat.  They were busy all day long.  We sat at the bar and thoroughly enjoyed our dinner.  After we came back, a sailboat docked in front of us.  John went out to lend him a hand.  He asked about somewhere to eat and John told him we had enjoyed the Chesapeake Inn.  A local couple also recommended the Chesapeake Inn.  So, I guess we chose well. 

We were sitting on the boat when we heard a strange sound.  I thought it came from our aft deck, but John thought it came from the dock.  He went out to investigate and found that a man had tried to pull out of a parking spot with his fiberglass trailer attached.  He got hung up on a post made of a cut off telephone pole.  John went out and helped him by taking the trailer off the car and pushing it away from the post by hand.  The man was grateful, but there was some damage to his trailer.

We are not sure what we are going to do tomorrow.  It all depends on the weather.  I'll let you know tomorrow night what we decided to do.  Til then.....

No comments: