Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

We had a pretty full day today. John and I walked to Home Depot and bought stuff to do a few projects on the boat. We took our little milk tin cart with us to carry our purchases back to the dinghy and then to the boat. We bought roll up shades for the aft deck to block sun during Happy Hour. The blinds wanted to fall out of the cart, so we tied them to the handle. We looked pretty strange walking down the road. Once we were on the boat, we managed to hang them and it turned out quite well.

Late this afternoon, there was a Meet and Greet / Pot Luck Dinner. There were about 60 people present. It was nice to meet people and hear what's going on. After dinner, a few musicians played at the Tiki Hut. Pretty nice!

One more thing, John taught me how to run the dinghy today. I started it and ran it by myself. I docked it too, but that wasn't real pretty and a husband and wife on the dock helped me by moving a dinghy over and catching our line. The tight quarters at the dinghy dock made me a bit nervous. I do think I'd like to do it again though.

No comments: