Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday, February 20, 2011

It happened again. We were going to go to the Piggy Races and Sue checked online to see what times they were running today. It turns out that we had the wrong weekend. Apparently, it's next weekend. The moral of the story is: Don't go talking about things that haven't happened yet. So, I guess I'll tell you about today. The four of us walked to Banana Cabana for lunch. Then we went to Home Depot again. I'm starting to feel like we spend more time there than on the boat. After that, we went back to our respective boats until Happy Hour. John and I were boarding our dinghy to go to Norm and Sue's boat for Happy Hour when I fell in the water. That's the first time since we were at Catalina back around 1999. The water was surprisingly warm and the good news is, I didn't get stung by a jelly fish. I felt pretty clumsy because the people on the boat nearest us hollered over to see if I was alright. Then they stopped by in their dinghy to see if we needed something from the store. That was really nice of them. However, I was embarrassed. The bad part was that I had my phone, wallet, and camera in my belly bag. So, everything got soaked in saltwater. We'll see what happens after it all dries out. Needless to say, there will be no pictures today. Maybe not for sometime until I can replace my camera.

No comments: