Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tuesday, June 12, 2012


We woke up this morning to rain.  We have decided to leave here tomorrow morning, providing it is no longer raining.  Therefore, at 8:00 A.M., I started walking across the bridge with 2 weeks worth of dirty clothes in the drizzle.  It was only a 10 minute walk to the laundromat and the sign on the door said they are closed on Monday and open from 8:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. Tuesday through Thursday.  They were not open when I arrived.  I waited for 10 minutes and then called the phone number on the front of the building.  The woman said she was on her way.  She got there at 8:30.  My clothes were finished at 10:10. That was a very good thing because the power went out on the whole street, even the marina.  The lady working at the laundromat said the last time the power went out, it was out for 3 days.  It was raining quite hard as I walked back to the marina.  John had suggested I bring garbage bags to put down in the "hampers" to keep the clothes dry in case it was still raining when I was ready to come back.  Boy, am I glad I listened to him.  That worked really well.

We spent most of the rest of the day on the boat.  We took one walk into town and visited a music store.  Even though there is no room for any more guitars on board, John can't resist looking.  There are three music stores within about 3 blocks here in Trenton.  The competition among them is fierce.  We played cards for awhile on the aft deck and grilled steaks for dinner.  We were glad that we weren't planning on going out for dinner tonight because it was thunder storming at dinner time.  At any rate, we will most likely be tied to a wall outside of one of the locks tomorrow night.  In that case, I am certain we will not have Internet service.  It may be several days until I can blog again.  Don't give up on us.  We'll blog as soon as we have service again.

This is a lit sign on the bridge next to Fraser Park Marina where we are docked.



No comments: