Friday, June 22, 2012

Friday, June 22, 2012


John and I walked to the grocery store this morning and bought a week's worth of groceries.  We loaded them into our canvas cart we bought at the boat show in Fort Myers two years ago.  That cart is amazing.  A whole week's worth of groceries or laundry fit in it and it is easy to roll because it has fairly large air tires.  We brought our own bags and that was a good thing since they charge a nickel for each plastic bag you use. 

Since it is our 39th Anniversary today, we went out for dinner to La Gondola restaurant.  We had pizza and then stopped for ice cream on the way back to the boat.  By then there were a few people on the dock to talk with.  Yesterday I baked a cake, so tonight I walked the dock giving people pieces of cake.  (It was sugar free so John could eat it). 

There were two occasions when I wanted to take pictures, but my camera wasn't with me.  Darn.  I know it's been a while since I put any pictures on the blog.  Sorry! 

Today the temperature was in the 70s.  Very comfortable.  We just kind of chilled and enjoyed each other's company.  I'll try to remember to take pictures tomorrow.....

3 comments:

Donna and Alan Huber said...

I can't think of a better way to spend an anniversary than being on the Loop together.

Carol and John said...

Thanks Donna Have a great weekend at A dock. We think of all of you every weekend sitting around enjoying happy hour as only A dock can.

Carol and John said...

Thanks Donna Have a great weekend at A dock. We think of all of you every weekend sitting around enjoying happy hour as only A dock can.