Thursday, June 14, 2012

Thursday, June 14, 2012


Even though yesterday I blogged that we were going to stay today and night at Old Mill Park, that didn't happen.  I walked into town around 7:30 this morning, especially to visit the bakery we heard so much about.  John purposely did not walk with me because he wanted to avoid the bakery.  He washed the boat and filled the water tank while I was gone.  Once I was finished walking, we decided to go ahead and move on today.  We locked through Locks #13, #14, #15, #16, 17 and #18.  Locks #16 and #17 are flight locks.  We arrived at Hastings Village Marina at 2:00.  This seems like a really nice place. Today was a beautiful day on the water.  It's sunny with a  nice breeze.  It was pretty windy at the top of the last lock.  The lockmaster called the marina for us before we left the lock.  Everyone we have met has been so nice. 




No comments: