Sunday, August 5, 2012

Saturday, August 4, 2012

There is a pattern forming here.  I am skipping days of posting, not because there is nothing going on, but because we are busy with our family and friends.  Friday night we went to the Lighthouse Point Yacht Club's "Barbecue Bash".  We had received an email with all of the particulars and decided to just show up unannounced and surprise everyone.  It worked.  We had a great time visiting with our A Dock friends.  There are several boats of people on A Dock that we knew from Catalina Harbor.  We had such a good time getting caught up with everybody.  The food was delicious and, of course, I ate too much.  It was so pleasant sitting out on the dock, not hot and not cold.  Thanks to all of you, it was really fun.

Saturday was spent in the company of our children and grandchildren.  That's what I'm talkin' about!  It was wonderful!  It was the first day we had seen two of the three families.  Watching the kids interact with one another is precious.  Getting our hugs and kisses are even better.  We watched the Red's bring home another victory (on TV) and then went back to our daughter and son-in-law's house.  We are planning on going camping with all of them next weekend at Lake Cumberland.  It should be fantastic. 

We'll see if I can be more disciplined and write the rest of the days without missing any on the rest of this trip.  I will post some pictures later too.  So far, I've just been enjoying everyone and not bothered with my camera.  That's bad of me.  I'll try to do better.

No comments: