Saturday, March 31, 2012

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Last night when I tried to blog, I couldn't get online, sorry. So, yesterday was another day spent in a doctor's office (this is making me feel really old). The doctors here in South Carolina have all been young, very knowledgeable, and compassionate. What more could I ask for? Yesterday, the doctor did an MRI and said I have a bulging disk that is pressing against my sciatic nerve causing me all of this pain. He gave me about 6 or 7 shots of cortisone in my back. Now we wait for 10 days to see if it helps. Immediately, the pain in my leg was gone, with only the back still hurting. However, this morning, it is back in my leg again. I am still hopeful.

On another note, when we arrived back at the marina, we met a couple who had docked here since we had left to go to the doctor. It turns out that the husband, Bob is from White Oak, in Cincinnati. I went to high school with a cousin of his. It is definitely a small world. They came to visit and we had a pleasant evening sitting on the back deck and chatting until the bugs got too bad and we had to retreat. They had some interesting stories to tell. I think that is one of my favorite parts of this trip, hearing everyone's stories.

No comments: