Monday, July 11, 2011

Monday, July 11, 2011

After going with Norm to take the car back to Enterprise, I decided it was a good time to clean the inside of the boat. I got the aft head and the aft cabin cleaned and then thought, "Why am I doing such a good job now? When we come back from Cincinnati, it will really need a good cleaning because of the engine having to come out to get to the fuel tank," So, the rest of the inside of the boat got a once over lightly.

This marina has a Happy Hour on Mondays from 3:30 until 5:00. I got to meet a lot more of the people here at Happy Hour. Some of them have boats here, but they don't live on them. They come to Happy Hour on Mondays though. It was nice to meet them all. One couple used to live in Turkey. They sailed their 38 foot boat from Turkey to here. They took four years to do that trip, taking their time and seeing the sights. We are going slow on the Loop so we can see the sights and meet the people. So far, it's been fun. The only down side of this trip has been all of the repairs. This fuel tank thing is going to separate us from some money. We have to keep telling ourselves that if we were boating the way we used to, just on the weekends, these repairs would be spread out a whole lot farther. I wouldn't trade this experience though. The best part is meeting all of the new people. We already have a lot in common just by being boaters, so conversation is never difficult. (Conversation is rarely difficult for me anyway.) Some things are different than I thought they would be. For example, I thought that whenever we got hot, we would just jump in the water and cool off. There are way too many scary things in the water to do that, like jelly fish, sharks, and alligators. I have to be able to see my feet in the water before I'm willing to put my body in it.

No comments: