Thursday, October 18, 2012

Thursday, October 18, 2012

We have been busy keeping the boat in ship shape in case someone wants to come to see it.  John took the van to the dealer to have the air conditioner worked on again.  The freon keeps leaking out and the last time, they put a dye in so that if it happened again, they could tell where it is leaking.  Well, it took them an hour and a half to find the leak because it is leaking all the way in the back of the van.  When the trailer hitch was installed, it was rubbing on the A/C line and rubbed a hole in it.  So, the new line should arrive tomorrow and, hopefully, this will be the last time having the air conditioner serviced. 

I have begun making Christmas gifts.  There are so many really good ideas on Pinterest.  I am excited about some of the ideas I've gotten from this source.  I intend to make a lot of gifts, so the work is started.  No time like the present. 

A couple of days ago, John and I visited the Buford Pusser Home and Museum in Adamsville.  I thought he was a fictitious character made up for the movies, but he was very real.  He was truly amazing.  One time he had part of his face blown off, his chin hanging off of his face.  After many surgeries, he looked pretty good and could even talk.  His wife was killed in an ambush.  He was shot in that ambush as well.  I don't know how he could keep going and doing the job of sheriff. 

We also went to the Savannah River Museum.  It is a typical museum.  It has archaeological displays from around the area.  There are displays about the steamboats, including the Delta Queen.  There are also displays about the Battle at Shiloh.

I am looking forward to going on our "Sisters' Trip" in a couple of weeks with my sisters and my Mom.  We are going to the Derby theater in Clarksville, IN to see "Mousetrap".  It doesn't matter where we go, we always have a good time together.

No comments: