Saturday, September 15, 2012

Saturday, September 15, 2012

This morning began early again.  We left Perryville Marina at 6:15, hoping to make it all the way to Aqua Yacht Harbor.  It was a trip of 80.5 miles and one, typically slow lock.  We called Pickwick Lock and the Lockmaster said it would be a half hour wait.  It took us about 15 minutes to get to the lock after the call, so we only had to wait for 15 minutes.  Not bad at all.  We arrived at Aqua Harbor shortly before 4:00.  We met a very nice lady named Susan who has a houseboat on the end of our dock.  She had come down to catch our lines. 

John and I had dinner at Cafe St. Claire right here at the harbor.  It is nice to be here.  Our hope is to sell our boat soon so we can complete the sale and move onto the Pluckebaum.  Our fingers are crossed. 

Our daughter-in-law said I shouldn't stop blogging completely like I had planned upon arriving here.  She said I should blog once a month or so.  I am considering doing just that.  So, check back once in awhile to see if I have anything new to say.  You never know. 

No comments: