Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

It would have been okay with me if we skipped today altogether. I was awake almost all night last night because of my back. In the morning, I called my family doctor's office and was told to go to the ER. We arrived at 8:50 A.M. After X-rays and a CT Scan, the doctor gave me four shots of pain killers, a muscle relaxer, and anti-nausea medicine. Even after all of that, it still kills. He also is sending me to a surgeon for my gall bladder. It doesn't hurt at all, but he saw something he didn't like on the X-ray and on the CT Scan. We left the hospital at 5:00 P.M., still feeling not so wonderful.

The hospital was an interesting place today though. While we were there, they put me in the hall instead of a room because of space. From that vantage point, we saw the whole show. First, EMTs brought in a guy who died. Then, a man who appeared to be homeless, lost it and started throwing punches at the male nurse and security guard. Then, a whiner came in and threatened to sue the hospital because he said the nurse didn't treat him with respect. The place was hopping with critical patients everywhere, but he thought they should drop everything and take care of his ankle. I guess he doesn't understand priorities.

John is wonderful! He took me to the hospital. He wouldn't eat or drink anything all day long because they wouldn't let me eat or drink anything and he thought it would be impolite to eat and drink in front of me. He made dinner when we got home and did dishes. Thank you!

No comments: