Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thurs., Nov.12, 2009

I had to look at my phone to know what day it is. The days are all running into one another. Yesterday the manager of the marina made gumbo for everyone for lunch and then gave us his take on the situation. He said that if you have only one engine, don't even think about attempting to leave. If you have two engines and have enough power to motor against the current, then it's up to you. However, there is a really swift current and a lot of debris in the river. Two boats left yesterday and three left today. We heard one person say he is leaving tomorrow morning, and some are talking about leaving on Saturday. John is leaning toward Saturday at this point. We'll see how things are by then.

Today to keep busy, I did laundry, baked a pie, and made two Christmas presents for grandchildren. John put the numbers on the dinghy, fixed a wire that pulled out of the marine radio, did some computer stuff, and watched a movie. I believe we are going out to dinner tonight. There is a restaurant at the marina.

While doing laundry, I was visiting with some of the other women here. One of them said she has a Designer I sewing/ embroidery machine (just like me) which she brought with her. She also brought her serger. We seem to have a lot in common. We miss everyone at home. Til tomorrow.....

1 comment:

mike and linda said...

JOHN AND CAROL,
I'M GLAD YOU DECIDED TO STAY PUT FOR THE TIME BEING. OUR WEATHER HERE HAS NOT BEEN TO BAD. WILL GIVE YOU A CALL TOMORROW ON OUR WAY TO THE RIVER. DAVE AND DONNA WINTERIZED THERE BOAT LAST WEEK, SO THE GUYS, DONNA & ALAN, PAUL & MARY AND US ARE THE ONLY ONES STILL HANGING TUFF. I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL MARCH. MISS YOU. MICHAEL & LINDA