Saturday, November 21, 2009

Saturday, November 21, 2009

We pulled away from the dock at Bay Point Marina at 6:10 A.M. It was cloudy and gray and mild. It was supposed to rain this afternoon, but it's 7:00 P.M. and it hasn't rained yet. We're so glad we decided to travel today. Our goal was to make it to Carabelle and we did. We arrived at C Quarters Marina at 5:35 P.M. just as it was getting dark. (I'm happiest when we arrive a good 1 1/2 hours before it gets dark.) The trip today was mostly narrow rivers except for Apalachicola Bay and St. George Sound. We saw probably two dozen dolphins and a large turtle. It was a long day and nice to have Norm & Sue"s company.

While we would like to cross the Gulf tomorrow, we are supposed to have thunderstorms tonight and the Gulf is supposed to be too rough tomorrow ( 4 to 6 foot waves). Supposedly, on Monday the waves should be 2 to 4 feet. This is the scary part as far as I'm concerned. Driving the boat across the Gulf for 18 hours straight, including the middle of the night and worrying about getting seasick. I've misplaced my sea bands so I guess it will have to be Dramamine to the rescue. My fingers are crossed. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: