Monday, July 16, 2012

Monday, July 16, 2012


We enjoyed our time at Sportsman's Inn.  Everywhere we've been in Ontario has Kawartha ice cream.  My favorite flavor is Black Raspberry Thunder, but my second favorite flavor is Tiger Tail.  It is orange ice cream mixed with licorice ice cream.  It sounds disgusting, but I really like it.  I had a cup of it yesterday at Sportsman's Inn on the front porch of the Inn while using the Internet.  John and I were both very comfortable sitting there computing and sipping an adult beverage.  We left there this morning around 9:00, heading for Little Current.

I was particularly looking forward to going to Little Current because when I as about 13, my Grandma and Grandpa took me and my brother Mark on vacation to Little Current.  I was very curious to see if anything would look familiar to me after all of these years.  Well, the main street looked a little familiar, but that was all.  There is a 1500 foot wall that the city operates with electric and water.  We are staying here tonight.  If it's raining in the morning, we will stay another night.  If not, we will move on again.  We only have about 2 more cruising days until we are back in the USA.  In 3 travel days, we should be at "Markinaw".  As some of you may know, my brother really likes Mackinaw, so much so that our brothers and brothers-in-law call it "Markinaw".  Once we find a place where we are comfortable leaving the boat for a brief time, we plan on making a run home to get our fix of children and grandchildren.  We are missing all of the hugs and kisses.

 Sportsman's Inn from our slip.  We were acrosst the water and they would send a water taxi over to get you whenever you wanted.



Water Street in Little Current. 


A gazebo made out of rocks along the shore of Little Current. 


Our boat docked along the wall.  That's Captain John climbing aboard.

No comments: